Transitioning & New Growth


 It is now officially 1 month since my last relaxer and some hair in the front is actually growing back in (*happy dance*) . Trying to get the hang how to take care of my natural hair. I know how to take care of permed hair, since it is all I have ever known but I have no clue what to do now. I had in braids but they did not last long. It became bushy in the front and I didn't like it, was not appropriate for work. Now I love my hairdresser. She hooks up my weaves and braids she is awesome and I would recommend her to anyone. However when I asked for a suggestion she told me to perm the front... Yep perm the front. Now in her defense my hair was hard because I still had not gotten the hang of it yet but to perm it... Hell no!!!

Now she may have been right or she may have been wrong but I just don't want to. I prefer to buy a wig or weave it over relaxing it again. With that said... While I love her for all the work she does in my hair I was a bit disappointed. There was no encouragement or helpful hints on transitioning to back to my hair. Maybe I perceived the conversation wrong *shrug*. I will still go to her for weaves but that's about it (still gots mad love for her though).

That said one of my friends loaned me a book called "Going Natural- How to fall in love with Nappy Hair"  and it has been so helpful in listing products I can use like Shea butter. I completely forgot about it since I never had to use it in my hair before. Now it is just lovely soft and smooth @ the roots... Loving it. Got the concoction mixed by my friend Asheina with Nature's All Natural who creates all natural hair products. My only problem is that my roots and hair is a bit oily after... But that may be my hair type because the edges dry out good but the inner sections hold the oil and butter so they look real slick.

Wanted 2 try natural twists but while transitioning my straight ends cannot hold the twists in even if I plait the ends. Will try again this week may use rubber bands. Since I am on vacation I just put my hair in two plaits and leave it.

Comments

Popular Posts