Makes you Wonder

Really... I need some understanding for the comments I receive about being natural and wearing out my hair. Honestly I am being called crazy for it #shrug. Like going natural and wearing it out is a means of going crazy.

Some woman who happens to be a casual acquaintance comes up me with a sing song voice saying "Picky head ... picky head. Look at that picky head." Then asks me why I am wearing it out if I intend to get a perm to straighten it out.

Now I am aware that my original expression may have not been welcoming after her statement but I don't feel that I should have to confirm or deny my reasons for going natural and wearing my hair out. It is my choice to wear a wig, weaves or rock the twa. Not to be criticized by some heifer that doesn't know me. In the BVI we have a very close knit community (sigh) I will have to go back to my American ways and just ignore what I don't care to hear.

Then I was made aware of the fact that I should texturize my hair to make it "softer" so that it has a "looser curl pattern". So why don't I just go ahead a relax my hair all over again? Honestly, am I asking for too much? I know the comments are well meaning and that it is a new style for me but can't you respect my decision without making it about what YOU think it should be.

Honestly I want to see what my hair will look like as it grows upwards and begins to fall. Also I intend to wear it out sometimes because I can't see myself under wigs for the long run. Yes I don't have the "good" hair but I love it and I want to discover my hair's texture since I have never seen it or had to deal with it myself. However, am I asking too much? Maybe I am... but I think respect and understanding goes both ways.

The beginning

Comments

Popular Posts