Yarn Braids

So, I am trying a new style. Right now I am rocking yarn braids and I am enjoying it even though it was my first attempt braiding.

Click here for pictures.

In all honesty it was not as hard as I thought it would be but my biggest problem was getting the yarn to stay with the hair (LOL). Let's just say it was a learning experience that I may or may not try to do again. Thinking of doing a short tutorial but I figure that so many people already have videos up on it and there isn't a need put one up personally.

Black Onyx has some nice videos:
Part 1

Part 2

Check out MsVCharles for styles:
So check it out and try it and see how it looks on you because so far I am loving the break from my hair even though it took me forever and a day. Normally though braids only last about 1-3 weeks in my hair either because they just start to fall out or I can't take the pulling and tightness (Yep, my scalp is extra sensitive). I loved that I could determine my tightness by doing it myself. More to come on this style and I may even post some better pictures for the second attempt.



Comments

Popular Posts