The Touching of the hair

Hi Ladies

So here I am coming to you on a topic that many of you may have already experienced... I call it strangersputtingtheirhandinhairitis.
I Know... Touchable isn't it LOL



If you are newly natural or have not experienced this phenomenon before please read on because trust me it is only a matter of time before strangersputtingtheirhandinhairitis strikes you.


Now all jokes aside, they really just walk up and put their hands in your hair and I mean deep in your hair. Now if you have curls and koils like I do it is not so much the putting in of the hands that worries me it's the extraction of said hands. My hair wraps around itself constantly so imagine putting a hand in and wanting to move it around (need I say more). It doesn't really bother me that much if a friend or someone I know happens to do it but strangers and guys I am not that familiar with just get all up in my hair space and it's like their hand gravitates to my hair.

I walk in to do my work and give my usual greeting to everyone in the office and dude just gets up from behind the desk and touches my hair.

Brother man doesn't even say,  "Hey can I touch your hair!" Nada. No warning his hand just comes out of nowhere and lodges itself in my hair. Now people between you and me the conversation between me and this gentleman has never extended beyond pleasantries yet he just felt it was appropriate.

How do you feel about Strangersputtingtheirhandinhairitis? Has this happened to you? Any suggestions on how to deal with this phenomenon?

Comments

Popular Posts