Kinky Curly Curling Custard- 2nd day application

Hi all

As promised I have pictures of my second time using Kinky Curly's Curling Custard.  I am still liking the results but I need to explain how I apply this product because I finally read the directions this afternoon and I did not follow them.

I have to say my second time and not second day hair because I sweat in my hair and this morning I woke up dripping sweat... So this bad boy had to be rinsed out.

When I say rinsed out this means that I stand under warm water in my shower and just let it run through my hair. I applied a dime sized amount of conditioner and left it in while I finished my shower (roughly 5 mins). Gave my hair a shake and patted my hair with one of my t-shirts.

Hair with no product

Wet hair with no product
As you can see from the pictures this is what my hair texture looks like without any product in it. I then re-did my flat twist in the front of my hair using my shea butter mix and applied my leave in conditioner.

At this point I proceeded to apply a quarter sized amount of the Curling Custard to my hair by rubbing it in the palm of my hand and just patting and slightly scrunching it onto my hair. No, I do not comb it through. Why didn't I comb it through? Well you see... I would like to say it was because I was in a hurry and forgot the read the directions so I decided to treat it like I would any other gel.  But the truth is I didn't read the directions the first time I applied it (#shrug). On a good note though this whole process took about 5 minutes, so with the rinsing and application of the Kinky Curly Curling Custard to my hair it took me 10 minutes total to achieve this style :-D



Can you see the product just sitting on my hair?
Here is what I noticed with this product:
  • It held well throughout the day with my hair staying in tight coils.
  • It was just like a gel 
  • I did not notice it having a gel cast after it dried (the white stuff)
  • Has a semi-firm hold
  • As it dried I noticed a good amount of shrinkage

Nothing that I listed here bothered me with this product and I actually liked that there was shrinkage. I forgot to take pictures after it dried but I did take pictures at end of the day. So here they are:

My compact curly afro #smile

Front view
I'm sorry that my last set of pictures did not come out that good but I am freaking tired and this is the best I can do right now.

Have you ever tried Kinky Curlys Curling Custard? What were your results and reactions to this product?

Comments

Popular Posts